In order to safeguard public health and wellbeing, further activate first-level emergency response and effectively contain the spread of the novel coronavirus pneumonia, following measures will be adopted as of today, in accordance with the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases and Emergency Response Law of the People’s Republic of China and based on the actual situation in Suzhou.
1. Citizens or workers who have left are advised not to return to Suzhou ahead of schedule. Those who are in Suzhou should restrict activities outside their home. All enterprises in Suzhou’s jurisdiction shall suspend production and operation till 24:00 Feb. 8, 2020. All schools in Suzhou shall suspend classroom sessions till 24:00 Feb. 17, 2020. Industries closely related to people’s daily-life necessities (eg. the supply of water, gas and power, communications, supermarkets and farmers’ markets) and departments engaged in the prevention and control of the outbreak are excluded. Staff’s legitimate interests of the suspended enterprises shall be lawfully protected.
2. All those entering Suzhou who have a travel history to Hubei Province or other infected areas shall be subjected to medical test at entries of railway stations, ports and highways and quarantine at home or in designated places for no less than 14 days.
3. All those who have visited Hubei Province within two weeks, have contact with people from Hubei Province, or contact with a confirmed case of nCoV, need to report to transportation inspection stand, neighborhood committee or village committee, to have their temperatures checked, and shall then be quarantined at home or in designated places. Those who have respiratory symptoms such as fever and cough, should wear a mask properly and immediately seek medical help from nearby designated hospitals.
4. Township governments, sub-district offices, neighborhood committees and village committees shall organize staff, district police and volunteers to conduct door-to-door check in accordance with the Interim Guidance for Preventing Novel Coronavirus from Spreading in Communities by the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China.
5. Fairs, rallies and other crowd activities should stop. Any forms of group meals held by any caterers or individuals are prohibited. Pre-booked meals are encouraged to be cancelled or postponed. Government staff shall set up examples by avoiding group meals. Cinemas, entertainment and leisure venues, internet cafes, public bathhouses, foot baths, chess and card rooms shall be closed temporarily. Nursing facilities for the elderly and the needed shall implement temporary enclosed management.
6. Some traffic intersections will be closed and people traveling by those still open shall be subjected to medical tests. The details will be released by the municipal departments for public security and transportation. Public transport services in the city, including metros and buses, shall reduce the frequency of departures.
7. All administrative departments and state-owned enterprises should establish a joint mechanism to prevent and control the spread of the viral pneumonia. Strict screening measures should be applied. If any incident arises, it should be dealt with ASAP.
8. For your health and the wellbeing of others, please try to reduce outdoor activities. Ventilation and good hygiene at home are highly recommended. If you have to go to public places, do wear a medical mask. Those who do not cooperate will face consequences in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
Should you have any question about this document, please feel free to dial 12345 for clarification.
Suzhou Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Prevention and Control Headquarters
Jan. 26, 2020
Source: The Foreign Affairs Office of Suzhou Municipal Government